Image Map

February 9, 2015

Mind Boggling Monday 2.9.15

My entire week has been mind-boggling, let alone just Monday! When stress starts getting to me, I do one of three things: read, blog, or play games. The game that can really get my mind off of my problems is Scramble with Friends via Facebook. It is a Boggle-style game that you can play alone or with friends. After playing a game or two I can actually feel myself begin to relax and my mind to focus.

Our students are no different. They often become stressed. It might be from things that happen at home, but more often than not, it happens due to things in the classroom... too much homework, lack of understanding, a reprimand, social issues. Stress can distract them from tasks at hand and prevent them from learning and practicing necessary skills. Experts recommend brain breaks to help solidify learning and remove learning related stress.

I've found that playing Classroom Boggle is a great brain break that can erase the mind-boggling atmosphere. If you haven't tried Boggle as a brain break yet, here's a fun board for you to try this week. You can download it to your computer and project it for your students to see and enjoy.


Not sure how to play Boggle? Click HERE for the original game rules.

Need a Boggle board that you can edit yourself? Click HERE for a free editable board.

Want a variety of editable boards to change with the seasons? Click HERE for a bundle of fifteen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a little message and let me know you've visited!